Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I had a request recently for a section on my blog about what books I am reading or recommend. So here it is...On My Bedside Table.

I am going to try and update it regularly and am hoping to be able to post a few recommendations for some of my favourites from the past.

To start things off...

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.
I loved this book! I don't want to say much as I'd hate to ruin the story but basically it wraps elements of science fiction into a beautiful tragic love story that will leave you crying at the end (in my case bawling!) I had the pleasure of attending an author discussion at the IFOA several years ago where RC facilitated a discussion between Audrey and David Mitchell whose Cloud Atlas I shall recommend in a future posting.

The IFOA starts today (by the time you read this), October 18th. I will definitely miss not being in TO for this, as it's come to be one of my favourite events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home